Feel free to adjust to your liking. See more possibilities below.
¾ cup water
2 TBS nut butter of choice
1 - 2 bananas (depending on how sweet you want it)
½ avocado*, pitted and peeled
3 leaves each of basil and mint
1 cup ice
Optional: Add Stevia (without inulin* or other additives) as an additional sweetener.
*High FODMAP food - remove these ingredients to achieve a Low FODMAP recipe. Peanut butter is considered a low FODMAP food. Since almonds should only be consumed in the amount of 10 or less, almond butter would likely be a High FODMAP food. Also, you might be able to tolerate 1/8 of an avocado and I suggest using maple syrup in place of the date.
- Place all ingredients into Vitamix in order listed
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend until desired consistency is reached.
Other add-ins or switch-outs:
- cinnamon, nutmeg or pumpkin spices in place of basil and mint
- peaches or mangos in place of bananas (or along with them)
- nut butter choices: cashew, almond, peanut, sunflower
- add coconut milk or use in place of water and nut butter
- chocolate (raw cacao)
- leave out banana and add Stevia or an additional date as sweetener, plus flax seeds