It was the most difficult grain for me to "give up" while healing. I have an electric popcorn popper which I love, but my friend popped some popcorn on my stove top during her recent visit to my home.
- Large, heavy pot
- 1/3 to 2/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 - 4 TBS oil of choice (mine is coconut oil) - some for popping and some for topping
- salt (or other seasoning) to taste
- Heat oil on stove top in a large heavy pot*
- Add kernels to cover bottom
- Cover with lid (Might need to shake occasionally)
- Turn off heat when popping seems to have stopped
- Transfer to a heat safe bowl, add more oil, salt/spices to taste
Notes: Since popcorn is a grain it should be avoided while on all healing diets. Yet, popcorn is a great REAL FOOD snack when prepared at home using fresh, NON-GMO, and organic ingredients.