Try eating a fresh salad everyday. There are so many ingredients to choose from that you can easily tailor your salad to your specific diet need and tastes. The following ingredients are what were used to make the salad in the photo.
- Spring Lettuce Mix
- Bell peppers: Yellow and Red
- Green cabbage, sliced thin
- Fresh Herbs: Cilantro, Basil, Parsley (or any you like)
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Avocado topped with fresh lemon juice
- Sunflower seeds, raw
- Homemade Dressing
- The best way to boil eggs is to put eggs into a pot, cover with water. When water comes to a rolling boil turn off heat and cover with a lid for 12 - 15 minutes. Run cold water over eggs or add ice to the water to cool them down (also makes cracking and peeling easier).
- Toss all other ingredients together and top with salad dressing if desired.