Since being successful at making Cauliflower "Bread", I wanted to try a recipe that uses bread crumbs. Yet, I didn't feel like make the Cauliflower "Bread" recipe and I didn't have to. Instead of using cheese like the other recipe calls for, I decided to use shredded carrots. Because I have added them to omelettes and pan cooked shredded carrots are sweet and delicious.Directions:
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated cauliflower
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 cup salmon
- salt, pepper and seasonings to taste
- Mix first 4 ingredients well
- Fold in salmon until distributed evenly in the mix
- Season to taste
- Pan fry in ghee or butter.
Alternate FODMAP Friendly RecipeIngredients:
- 1 can (approx. 15 oz) salmon
- 2 -3 TBS buckwheat flour (or any gluten free flour - avoiding armaranth)
- 1/2 - 1 egg
- 1/2 TBS dried chives (or 1 tsp finely chopped fresh)
- 1/2 TBS dried dill (or 1 tsp finely chopped fresh)
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp lemon (or lime) juice
- 1/4 tsp salt (or to taste, but remember that the salmon is likely already salted)
- a dash of cayenne for spicy
- Mix all ingredients together well and form into patties about 2 inches in diameter.
- Pan fry in a small amount of oil (coconut is my preference and just enough to cover the pan), 5 minutes on each side. Alternately, you can bake in oven for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.