I decided to make this to see if I could get my children to eat asparagus. At the time of this writing there aren't many asparagus remaining. The two taste so good together. My son isn't home yet, I bet he will like it. (He likes, no LOVES butter!) Here is the recipe:
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup ghee, cold
- (may use 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted, 1/2 stick, if butter is well tolerated)
- Pinch cayenne (Food Network suggestion, but only if the GAPS Diet Stage you are on allows for this)
- Pinch salt
- 1. Mix egg yolks and lemon juice in a bowl on top of slightly simmering water (or in a double boiler).
- 2. Slowly add in 1/2 of cold ghee (or melted butter) and whisk into mixture until melted and sauce thickens.
- 3. Add remaining ghee (or butter).
This should be served immediately.